If the Eye-Fi service in Photosmith indicates status as ‘Disabled’ and cannot be started, it’s probably because another app that supports Eye-Fi is backgrounded on your iPad. Eye-Fi uses a specific port to communicate, and if another app is using that port, Photosmith isn’t allowed access.
To confirm that the native Eye-Fi app and/or Shuttersnitch aren’t running in the background on your iPad:
1) Double-click the Home button on your iPad.
2) Tap and hold one of the icons at the bottom of your screen until they start shaking.
3) Find the Eye-Fi and/or Shuttersnitch app icon and top and red minus-sign.
4) Click the Home button on your iPad once to stop the icons from shaking, and then one more to return to your home screen
5) Now tap the Photosmith icon.
6) Go Services > Eye-Fi and tap “Disabled” then “Enabled” to try and start the Eye-Fi service again.