The Eye-Fi Mobi card is very simple to configure, and only requires that you connect your iPad to the Wi-Fi network created by the Eye-Fi Mobi card, then selecting Mobi in the Eye-Fi configuration drawer in Photosmith. Unlike the Eye-Fi X2 card, the Eye-Fi Mobi doesn’t require an Internet connection, and doesn’t require authentication with Eye-Fi’s servers to configure the card.
The instructions below and accompanying screenshots are for iOS 7. iOS 5 and iOS 6 instructions are very similar, although the Settings screens will appear different.
Configuring iPad’s Wi-Fi for Eye-Fi Mobi
- Insert your Eye-Fi Mobi card into your digital camera, and take a few photos. This will wake up the Mobi card, and turn on it’s Wi-Fi radio.
- Launch your iPad’s Settings.app by tapping on the Settings icon:
- Tap on Wi-Fi, then tap on the wireless network created by your Eye-Fi Mobi card:
- Once the Eye-Fi Mobi card is selected, you will receive a prompt to enter a Wi-Fi password. The Wi-Fi password is printed on a sticker attached to the plastic carrying case the Eye-Fi Mobi card came in:
- Once successfully connected to the Eye-Fi Mobi Wi-Fi network, it will show up in the left-hand column in the Wi-Fi row: